Sunday, November 16, 2008

New Orleans (warning not WW friendly)

Friday we got Liz and Becca to school and dropped off Caroline at Grandmama and Grandaddy's house. Christopher and I headed to New Orleans. I was so excited. I had never been. I didn't get a picture of my meal Friday night but it was delicious! We ate at Mother's and I got the highly recommended jambalaya.

Breakfast Saturday morning I grabbed a Gande nonfat peppermint mocha but I think they used 2% milk instead of nonfat but that doesn't really matter when looking at these yummy beignets at Cafe Du Monde.


We did SO much walking all over the city that when I did indulge myself in these yummy foods I had no regrets.

We had lunch at a yummy cafe that I can't right now remember the name of it. I'll update it later. I started the meal with the best seafood gumbo I've ever met.

After the gumbo I had this yummy shrimp po' boy. I didn't eat all my fries. They were good but I was getting full.


Here is what I left on my plate. Aren't you proud of me?


The football game started at 7:00 pm and it was FREEZING! I had thermal pants on under my jeans and a thermal shirt, long sleeve t-shirt, sweatshirt and then a fleece pullover. I forgot about keeping my feet warm and they got the coldest. Troy just about pulled through. Anyway, that's not what this blog is about.

I started the game with this hot chocolate. It was horrible. The only thing it had going for itself was that it was warm. I didn't drink half of it. I did start and finish a bag of peanut M & Ms that are not pictured.


After the horrible, depressing game we stopped off at Burger King and I devoured a fry and whopper w/o cheese and a diet coke. That is also not pictured.

0 comments: